Tooth Extractions in Monument
Even though your adult teeth are meant to last you the rest of your life, unexpected mishaps and consequential accidents can sometimes lead to no other option but the extraction of a tooth. When you hear talk about a tooth being "pulled out,” as its misnomer generally states, it is referring to the tooth getting surgically removed from its socket which itself is within the jawline.
Types of Procedures for Tooth Extractions
At Woodmoor Family Dentistry, we have an endless amount of experience performing and monitoring teeth extractions. With proper anesthetic administration, the latest surgical equipment, and using the utmost minimally invasive procedures, our welcoming and accompanying staff is committed to providing you a relatively painless experience.
We offer the following tooth extraction procedures:
- Tooth Extraction – We begin by creating surgical incisions into the gum tissue for fractured or deeply embedded bone material, and then extracting the tooth out using forceps. Once all particulates are excavated, the incised gum is sutured back to place.
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction – An impacted wisdom tooth can lead to serious decay, damage to surrounding tooth structures, and cause crowding or shifting allowing incorrect misalignment.
After the procedure is completed, you will be taken to the recovery room to rest before you’re evaluated once more to ensure that the procedure went successfully and are released back home with after-care instructions.
Common Warnings Signs You May Need a Tooth Extracted
- An extremely decayed tooth
- Periodontal disease penetrating the inner dentin core and damaging the structure of the tooth altogether.
- Too much space between the teeth
- Infection among the tooth that did not affect when remedied with antibiotics or root canal therapy.
- Wisdom or impacted teeth that jeopardize the alignment of the rest of the teeth.
Tooth Extraction Preparation
Before undergoing any extraction procedures, a pre-surgery consultation and assessment may be required to determine how serious your case is and if surgery is needed at all.
If you experience any toothache, swelling, or sudden infection before your tooth extraction, we may prescribe you with some antibiotics or antibacterial medication, oral rinse, or pain relief medication to alleviate your pain before the procedure.
You can trust us to perform your extraction with care. Call (719) 694-3001to set up an appointment today!
Family Friendly Atmosphere
Offering the Most Affordable Dental Care in Monument
Providing Comfort & Care is Our Top Priority
We Offer Sedation Services for Your Comfort
Available for Same-Day & Next-Day Appointments